Hallo , du hast in deinem Postfach!

Forum - Thema
Nächstes Thema ->
Forum » SpeedFunCup » Regeln & Anmeldungen / Rules & SignUp » General Cup Feedback
Antworten: 12
Seite [1]

ddbb

Held der Arbeit
2533 Beiträge

Inaktiv
# Thema - 16.04.2014 um 18:12 Uhr
Hey Guys,

The Admin Jobs are don, now its your part of work!

This was the first SpeedFunCup, and it would have been strange if everything went perfect, without any mistakes.

So we want to hear your Feedback and opinions to everything regarding to that cup

Go ahead

PS: in case you have watched the GrandFinal on the relayserver you may have noticed a guy talking in bad language and insulting other people. This was someone under a false name, it was NOT the guy named ingame. Maybe you know who it was, maybe not.

Wenn ich die Meinung eines Experten brauche führe ich Selbstgespräche.
Gefällt dir der Beitrag?

smog

eK.smoैg.esl[Łĩņķĩņ]
God of Spam
1555 Beiträge

Inaktiv
# Antwort: 1 - 16.04.2014 um 21:31 Uhr
1x Editiert / smog am 17.04.2014 um 05:04 Uhr
so, then i will start with the feedback:
as it was your first tournament you did a great job. i saw other (easier) tournaments handled worse. the mappacks came always in time, you were always open for construcitve feedback from the players and tried to do it better the next time. i would just recommend you to be more dominant. this is your tournament and there is no reason people would be allowed to flame you like they did. there are rules for a reason and have to be followed. in the esl those people would face some hard consequences, even bans would have been spoken.i cant say anything you sucked at cause there wasnt anything. good job guys!

BUT there was something really dirsturbing: THE COMMUNITY!
i have never seen such a bad community. till now i participated in a lot of cups and tournaments and never saw something equal. thats just a shame. back when i was an active speedfun driver this community was way friendlier. sad to see what happened to it.
i wont publish any concrete names, but especially the LINKIN team was flamed by members of the "so great" team LEGEND.
we received messages like "learn to drive you fucking cunts. hahahaha go fuck your families you slutty bastards" i guess the one who wrote that will know that he is meant
i dont know what is wrong with people writing such things, but thats not a sign of reasonable thoughts.
throughout the whole tournament i felt like beeing surrounded by 5year old children.
also the behaviour of feeling always as the greatest and best is just a shame. did you ever see something like this from members of Acer or Dignitas? surely not. only infantile people act like this.

also the constant flame of all the participators was just annoying. i already did a post about this, i think it is needed to post it again:
03.03.2014 um 01:23 Uhr - smog:
as a head admin in the ESL it is sad to see what is happening here:
give a little respect to the hosters of the tournament and also to the mappers. they do this job on a voluntary base to offer you a great tournament, but all i can see is ongoing flame.
it is a disgrace how some people behave. why do you have to insult those people? im sure you are not acting like this in your real life so why do you do here in the internet?
ddbb, sjekkie and the others invest a lot of their freetime to host this tournament and give their best, you should really appreciate that. noone so far said "thank you for that, guys". this is not fair at all - you dont have to like their decisions, but you should accept and respect them. you cant change it anyway so just try to help making this tournament better
in addition to that i see people hating against other teams and also pushing other people to do as well.
i dont think you want to be treated like this so dont act like this yourself. that is no sportsmanlike behaviour

as far as i know it is their first tournament they host ever, so it is hard enough for them without experience. i hosted loads of tournaments my own so far and i know how they must feel at the moment. but i have to say they do a great job so far, keep it up.
and dont think you know everything better than them. as a player in a tournament you know nearly nothing about the tournament in general, you dont know on what the decisions are based. so just trust in what the admins do and that it is the best for all of us

selecting the maps is the hardest job in a tournament cause you have to decide subjectively. of course you cant make everyone happy, thats just impossible
may after some tournaments you can understand what the people like and what not, but that takes a lot of time
you guys should give them constructive feedback about the maps. what is bad and why? how can they do it better? thats what would help them and not "fuck this, this and that. and fuck this in particular" that is just annoying and demotivates them
and keep in mind: they just can give us the maps they get submitted. so if those maps are shit, they just can give us the "best shit of it". imagine how bad the other maps must be..and still you should respect their work.

actually i wanted to use this tournament to see how it will work out and may bring SpeedFun to the ESL but at the moment this community doesnt deserve it to be supported. think about it why no big tournament hoster works with it...
and at the moment i dont expect ddbb, sjekkie and the others to do this tournament a second time

i will show you a message i received from a mapper after picking his map in an ESL tournament(translated from german):
hey, thank you for your trust again in another map of me (:
i know it must have been very hard to take my map, the start is a bit weird, but the map is really alternative
pretty brave from you =)

that is what tournament organizer like to see. when people appreciate it what we do. just a small "thank you" makes us happy and motivates us to keep up our work.

but unfortunately the voices of the haters are always louder...

regarding the case ddbb mentioned which happened during the grandfinal on the relay server:
such a behaviour is just ridiculous. this person doesnt even have enough guts to use his own name. no, he has to hide behind someone elses name. i dont care beeing insulted, i can just ignore this, but like this it is just poor. im really sorry for meescalin.
the things this person wrote were:
you are sons of bitches linkin and pgg
smog you jerk (in a very rude way)
lee you bastard shut the fuck up you stupid faggot

somehow i got the feeling this comes again from a LEGEND member...

Gefällt dir der Beitrag?

wwssjekkie

¬ผผѕ.Snorlax.
Amateur
108 Beiträge

Inaktiv
# Antwort: 2 - 16.04.2014 um 22:02 Uhr
Thanks for the kind words and feedback smog

Gefällt dir der Beitrag?

asphalt

Aufnahme-Admin
2391 Beiträge

Inaktiv
# Antwort: 3 - 16.04.2014 um 22:24 Uhr
i just can accompany smog, it was a nice tournament with a lot of fun, just the way some participants behaved was simply ridiculous.. actually, i haven't much words for it, because it was really infantile like smog said and really really unneccessary. it is just an unsportsmanlike behaviour and this is what we don't want in a tournament / in the sf-community. my opinion.

so smog has my full support concerning this issue.

Gefällt dir der Beitrag?

ta noth

ĐĢҒ¹ ηοтн єηѕαя 
Neuling
28 Beiträge

Inaktiv
# Antwort: 4 - 17.04.2014 um 00:15 Uhr
I can't agree more with both of you. I am very happy that someone actually told this.

Gefällt dir der Beitrag?

Quao

入 qυλσ (α)
Neuling
41 Beiträge

Inaktiv
# Antwort: 5 - 17.04.2014 um 01:06 Uhr
Hey, thats not the right place to start the bad behaviour debate again. ddbb wants a feedback, so he can improve the next cup.
So for the first time, it was really good. I was glad to have some events for the SpeedFun players. Thx Man.
The map packs became better and better from pack to pack.
I think a stage before the group stage would be good, to get the groups more equally. Only teams of the Group B got into the Semi Finals.

I think this Cup deseres a repetition.
I am really looking forward to the next round ;D

Gefällt dir der Beitrag?

smog

eK.smoैg.esl[Łĩņķĩņ]
God of Spam
1555 Beiträge

Inaktiv
# Antwort: 6 - 17.04.2014 um 05:05 Uhr
16.04.2014 um 22:02 Uhr - wwssjekkie:
Thanks for the kind words and feedback smog

you are welcome (: i know how helpful it is to get feedback.

Gefällt dir der Beitrag?

ĐnA paki

ĐиΛ ρаκן ะ
Noob
23 Beiträge

Inaktiv
# Antwort: 7 - 17.04.2014 um 08:21 Uhr
Yeah, thx guys for tournament, was realy fun and interesting.
and nice post smog, respect!!
and about maps, allways be someone who hate them and someone who like them.
dont bother with this!!!
all in all great tournament
greeting, ĐnA

Gefällt dir der Beitrag?

Some0ne

봉봉
Neuling
36 Beiträge

Inaktiv
# Antwort: 8 - 17.04.2014 um 09:11 Uhr
4x Editiert / Some0ne am 17.04.2014 um 10:06 Uhr
Hey guys,

Wow, so much hate towards us ^^'

Seems like we're not welcome here, but I'll still give my feedback.
I don't have many things to complain about, overall this was a good tournament and the admins did a great job, quickly answering our questions, being fair to everyone and posting the mappacks on time (the best counter example for me being the ESL 1on1 Nascar Championship in which we often got the maps in the middle of the week - had to give several defwins because of that, it's really not motivating. I know pwn was really busy lately but he's not alone in the ESL team so he could have asked some help, but anyway that's not the topic here).

Concerning the maps not much to say about them as well except that it was well distributed, the difficulty level increasing over the rounds. I only disliked one map and I already told what I thought about it, but it's just a personnal point of view and in the end I didn't had to drive this map so everything went fine
The idea of 1 mappack for two rounds in the groupstage and 1 mappack per round in the playoffs was good IMO, though I wouldn't have been against a different mappack between the final groupstage round and the 1st playoffs round. But maybe you didn't had enough maps.

One thing I disliked though was that very often I heard some drivers saying that they knew which maps would be played next before the mappack was released. I know you asked some drivers to try the maps out but those who also knew the maps in advance were not in this testing group, and I think it's kinda unfair for the others.

Also I have one request, if you make a second SFC, please do it on TM²

In short: a good tournament with a good orga for a first tournament. Definitely looking forward to an other edition
Keep up the good work !

I just regret the tensions there were between some teams...

To finish, I know this does not really fit in this feedback section but I wanted to say a few words about it.
Concerning StubbyTV. I know some of you disliked the fact that we focused on Team Legends and provided only french live. I'll once again explain whyit went like that. First of all, this tournament was on TMNF, and we are willing to focus more on TM², this is why I couldn't find many motivated people to cast with me (only Swan and Aelthan were motivated). Moreover, I already explained it countless time but I recently moved and started a new life, which implies that I have much less free time than before and thus I had no time to run after the matches, which is why focusing on one team was a huge gain of time for me as I was also in this team. As for the streams being in french, I could have casted in english that's a sure thing, the problem being that it's not the case for everyone in our casting crew. As I was driving more often than casting, I couldn't force them to go in a foreign language if they were not confident.
Now what I disliked was the behaviour of some drivers, and especially one which I won't name here.
I can't agree more with smog on this: it is really frustrating for a tournament admin/a caster to be flammed all the time for no reason. How many times I saw people complaining about us speaking "baguette" or reading stuff like "french sucks", "stop speaking french faggots". We take on our free time to provide streams, and we do that because we enjoy it, but those kind of comments really are frustrating and doesn't give the motivation to keep doing it. So before flamming for no reason, ask yourself this question: what do I prefer, no stream at all so I can't follow the tournament, or a stream certainly in a different language but which allows me to see what's happening ?
(Yes, Big Mean Legends guys have feelings too...).

Thanks for reading me.

Best regards,
Some0ne

Gefällt dir der Beitrag?

smog

eK.smoैg.esl[Łĩņķĩņ]
God of Spam
1555 Beiträge

Inaktiv
# Antwort: 9 - 17.04.2014 um 10:45 Uhr
1x Editiert / smog am 17.04.2014 um 10:46 Uhr
Wow, so much hate towards us ^^'

Seems like we're not welcome here, but I'll still give my feedback.

naa some, i wouldnt call it hate. i really love you man, you know that i am just disappointed of the disrespectul behaviour of some of your teammates
but i think you understand that it is not nice to receive messages as stated in my first post without any reason

the best counter example for me being the ESL 1on1 Nascar Championship in which we often got the maps in the middle of the week - had to give several defwins because of that, it's really not motivating. I know pwn was really busy lately but he's not alone in the ESL team so he could have asked some help, but anyway that's not the topic here).

just fyi: pwn was in the hospital for several days cause he was really really ill, we (the other admins) unfortunately got to know that after he was back. hope you understand now better. nevertheless im sorry if it caused such problems for you.

One thing I disliked though was that very often I heard some drivers saying that they knew which maps would be played next before the mappack was released. I know you asked some drivers to try the maps out but those who also knew the maps in advance were not in this testing group, and I think it's kinda unfair for the others.

if that is really the case then it is absolutely unfair. it is just unsportsmanlike if some people spread the maps to their team to have an advantage

!!!

How many times I saw people complaining about us speaking "baguette" or reading stuff like "french sucks", "stop speaking french faggots".

thats a shame. exactly this is what makes this community so annoying. there cant be a different reason than ppl must be mentally retarded when saying this -.- comments like this really piss me of

Gefällt dir der Beitrag?

ddbb

[Łĩņķĩņ][dd][bb]
Thread-Ersteller
Held der Arbeit
2533 Beiträge

Inaktiv
# Antwort: 10 - 17.04.2014 um 11:00 Uhr
17.04.2014 um 09:11 Uhr - Some0ne:

We had a testing Team of 4 guys, Me, Sjekkie, Pankrat and Dede. i am pretty sure they knew which maps were coming, but didnt spread this. Ofc some Mappers knew that we would take some of their maps, since we had to ask for some changes, but most of the time they didnt know when their maps would have com. For sure, not the best, since they knew it would have come sometime, but better than bad maps anyway

We definitly will do that, be sure, we just had the feeling that A LOT of the Speedfun guys are stuck in TMNF, so we wanted to tease them with this edition, so they move for the next

THanks for your Feedback, and big thank for streaming, i just turned of the sound, and heard some music, couldnt understand anything, but what does it matter? still alot better than a ticker over whatsapp

greets

Wenn ich die Meinung eines Experten brauche führe ich Selbstgespräche.
Gefällt dir der Beitrag?

Some0ne

봉봉
Neuling
36 Beiträge

Inaktiv
# Antwort: 11 - 17.04.2014 um 11:34 Uhr
1x Editiert / Some0ne am 17.04.2014 um 11:36 Uhr
naa some, i wouldnt call it hate. i really love you man, you know that i am just disappointed of the disrespectul behaviour of some of your teammates
but i think you understand that it is not nice to receive messages as stated in my first post without any reason

Of course I understand, makes me kinda sad as well, and I would hate to get those kind of messages...

just fyi: pwn was in the hospital for several days cause he was really really ill, we (the other admins) unfortunately got to know that after he was back. hope you understand now better. nevertheless im sorry if it caused such problems for you.

Oh didn't knew that, hope it's not serious... :/
Thanks for the explanation, I understand much better now... and don't be sorry, this is not your fault and I would have lost those matches anyway

if that is really the case then it is absolutely unfair. it is just unsportsmanlike if some people spread the maps to their team to have an advantage

I think, or at least I hope, that the maps were not shared before the packs were out, but I clearly remember somebody that is not in ddbb's list saying the name, or at least the author's name of the next maps before they were released (not all of them though).

thats a shame. exactly this is what makes this community so annoying. there cant be a different reason than ppl must be mentally retarded when saying this -.- comments like this really piss me of

And so they do to me. Now don't get me wrong, I'm conscious that english streams would have been better and would have allowed more people to follow the tournament. But if we didn't casted those in english, it's simply because we couldn't, and some people don't seem to understand that. Now a solution would have been, like I suggested a bit late on sunday, to invite admins/drivers with a good english knowledge to cast with us. I'll consider doing this more often for our future casts.
In the meantime, you can try to improve your french skills or do like ddbb and listen to music instead of our annoying voices

Gefällt dir der Beitrag?

Alex

[Łĩņķĩņ] Alexै«
Noob
20 Beiträge

Inaktiv
# Antwort: 12 - 18.04.2014 um 01:01 Uhr
3x Editiert / Alex am 19.04.2014 um 05:16 Uhr
Cup feedback: I think it went very well overall. Nine teams participating in the cup is very respectable for the first run, but I think it could well be more for the next time, especially if it goes to TM2 Stadium. I think some smaller public Speed Fun competitions, 1vs1 or 2vs2, before the next SFC should help to bring about more teams by the next SFC.

I enjoyed the French cast from StubbyTV as is was so far, but I would agree that an English cast would have more people to follow along. (I would gladly volunteer if I could, but because of the time difference to here in the USA and my work schedule, I'm usually not around for the actual matches.)

And to put my two cents in, I also agree with smog and what many of the others have said. Whenever I race day to day in the normal Speed Fun servers, many people are very nice, and for what I've seen, I would say a lot of the teams race here are good as well. I don't think I ran into or saw any of those situations mentioned, and I doubt it would come from any particular team, but I definitely agree that there should be no toleration for immaturity.

Gefällt dir der Beitrag?
Antworten: 12
Seite [1]
Sie müssen sich registrieren, um zu antworten.